Currency News is compiled by a team comprising some of the most authoritative and influential voices in the business.
These include the Board of Advisors, who advise on the direction and development of Currency News, and a network of researchers and writers from key sectors of the currency industry around the world.
Together, this team is uniquely placed to provide information and in-depth analysis of currency on a global scale.
- Astrid Mitchell
- Spent 25 years in marketing and strategic development for De La Rue, Applied Optical Technologies (OpSec) and Bundesdruckerei. As well as editing Currency News, she is also Conference Chair for The Coin Conference and Managing Director of Reconnaissance International
Board of Advisors
- Michael Boehm
- Spent his career with Giesecke & Devrient, culminating as Managing Director of the Louisenthal paper division. He remains an advisor to the G&D Board.
- Mark Crickett
- He has worked in the currency industry since joining De La Rue in 1983, and was Director of Marketing for the Currency Division for 12 years. He now works as a Policy Advisor on a consultancy basis.
- Tom Ferguson
- Worked with the US Bureau of Engraving and Printing from 1974-2005, from 1998 until his retirement as its Director. Tom was responsible for the production of all US currency and is one of the best known figures in the banknote industry.
- Eugenie Foster
- Formerly Cash Manager for the Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System, where she advised on matters relating to counterfeit deterrent, design, distribution and oversaw the Federal Reserve's currency and coin operations. Prior to joining the Fed, Genie spent 12 years at the Bureau of Engraving and Printing, where she served in a number of positions, including as Project Director for the 1996 design series and as Assistant Director, in which position she led the BEP's planning, design and construction of its Western Currency Facility.
- Lahcen Hadouni
- Managing Director of Dar As Sikkah, Morocco's banknote printer and part of Bank Al Mahgrib from 2010-2013. He joined the Bank in 1985 and was among the first team in charge of the constructon of teh plant and the installation of teh first banknote production line. Lahcen was also General Secretary of the Afrcian Association of Banknote and Security Document Printers.
- James Hussey
- A veteran of 25 years with De La Rue plc, latterly as its CEO, and now advisor to the Board of Oberthur.
- Brian Lang
- Former head of currency at the Reserve Bank of New Zealand, from which he retired in 2007, Brian is now engaged in consultancy on behalf of mints and substrate suppliers.
- Thierry Lebeaux
- General Secretary of the European Security Transport Association (ESTA), who started his career in the European Commission (where he worked for seven years ) and who has worked for more than 20 years as a consultant and corporate public affairs practitioner.
- Raul Sierra
- Formerly with the Banco de Mexico where he spent 31 years, the last 16 of which were in Direccion de Emision, first as head of industrial engineering and of origination, pre-press and inks and latterly as Principal Cashier responsible for guaranteeing the supply of banknotes and coins required by the country's economy.