The Excellence in Currency Awards were introduced by IACA in 2007 to promote and recognise excellence in currency issue, production, processing, management and distribution.
The awards are sponsored by Currency News.
They are open to any issuer of currency or organisation or individual supplying products, services or systems for currency production or management.
Since their inception, the awards have grown in volume, stature and recognition and there are now 12 different categories, the awards for which are presented at one of the three leading events in currency – the Currency Conference, the Banknote Conference or the Coin Conference.
Those categories presented at the Currency Conference are:
- Best New Banknote or Series
- Best New Commemorative or Limited Circulation Banknote
- Best Communications Campaign
- Best Banknote Processing Innovation
- Best New House Note
Those categories presented at the Banknote Conference are:
- Best Currency Innovation
- Best New Currency Feature or Product
And those categories presented at The Coin Conference are:
- Best New Circulating Coin or Coin Series
- Best New Circulating Commemorative Coin
- Best Circulating Coin Innovation
- Best Public Education Campaign or Website
There is, in addition, a Lifetime Achievement Award. This is presented at the Currency Conference.
Further information can be obtained from the IACA website.
Previous Winners and Finalists
- 2017 Currency Awards (Kuala Lumpur)
- 2016 Banknote Technical Awards (Washington DC)
- 2015 Currency Awards (Vancouver)
- 2015 Coin Awards (Madrid)
- 2014 Banknote Technical Awards (Washington DC)
- 2013 Coin Awards (Berlin)
- 2013 Currency Awards (Athens)
- 2011 Currency Awards (Singapore)
- 2010 Currency Awards (Buenos Aires)
- 2008 Currency Awards (Prague 2008)
- 2007 Currency Awards (Bangkok 2007)