New Currency Directory Now Available
The fourth edition of the Directory of Currency Suppliers has now been published.
The Directory of Currency Suppliers is designed for use by the key specifiers in the currency world, including monetary authorities and central banks, commercial banks and financial institutions, banknote printers and papermakers, mints, cash offices, cash management companies and suppliers of security technologies and equipment for the handling and distribution of cash.
This is the first update since 2008, and includes over 600 entries, categorised as follows:
- Components - coin metals, alloys and blanks; substrates (paper, polymer and hybrids); inks, coatings and varnishes; security threads; optically variable features (diffractive, reflective, microlenses); fibres and planchettes; taggants and forensic features; anti-scan and anti-copy features.
- Producers - mints and commercial and state-owned printers
- Production - coin production equipment and systems; banknote design and services; pre-press equipment and consumables; printing presses; print equipment and ancillaries; papermaking/handling/coating equipment; numbering systems, quality control and inspection systems; foiling equipment; packaging and strapping systems.
- Processing and management - currency sorting and processing systems; disintegration systems; note and coin handling products; cash centre/vault automation and management systems and services; cash management and optimisation software; detection and authentication components and devices; verification and analytical systems and services.
- Circulation and distribution - ATMs (deposit, dispensing, recycling); security packaging and transportation products; cash protection and degradation systems; CIT, cash handling and logistics services; foreign currency services.
- Support services - associations, consultants, conferences, document reference systems; publishers.
These are cross-referenced to the alphabetical section, in which full contact details of all organisations are provided. There are also two additional sections listing central banks and currencies of the world.
In addition to the hard copy and pdf versions, the Directory will also be available shortly in searchable database format on the DataVault currency database website (to which all Currency News subscribers have free access).
The Directory of Currency Suppliers is being distributed free of charge to all currency issuers, producers and providers of cash handling services, as well as to subscribers of Currency News. It is also available to other legitimate participants in the currency industry for the nominal charge of £150.