Welcome to Currency News
The only one-stop source of information on currency, covering the specification, design, production, distribution and management in circulation of banknotes and coins from 'cradle-to-grave'
February 2014 Highlights
Is there still growth in cash handling?
As cash volumes reduce, it becomes more expensive to deal with. Jarl Dahlfors of Loomis and ESTA talks to us about the prospects for future growth.
Other articles available to subscribers only include:
- 95% of ATMs Need to Upgrade by April
- Award for Royal Mint's iSIS
- A Positive Outlook for Cash Management Companies, Less So for Some Banknote Suppliers
- De La Rue Reviews its 200th Birthday Year
- Printegration - Giesecke & Devrient's Model for Banknote Creation
- Technology Feature: PHONEy Offers Smart Solution to Banknote Authentication
- Payment News: US Payment Trends...and Cash as the 'Final Threshold'
- Russia Marks Sochi with the World's First Winter Olympic Games Banknote
- New Coin Family for Botswana
- New Currency Research report: Re-Engineering Currency Circulation
- Finalists for Technical Excellence in Currency Awards
- Conferences: Full Program for Banknote 2014: Wincor World; Optical Document Security Sets New Records; African Banknote Conference; ICCOS: the Cash Cycle Seminar in 2014
What They Say About Us
"Living at the ends of the earth means we are not usually in the loop for industry news. Currency News goes a long way to filling this void, and we always look forward to the monthly update"
Reserve Bank of New Zealand
"We value Currency News as a primary source of information"
Giesecke & Devrient
"Most interesting, well-written, and a great way of staying up to date"
International Currency Consultants
"An essential reference source for current affairs and significant issues"
"We always appreciate that Currency News is so well-informed on all developments in the market of banknotes and coins"
De Nederlandsche Bank