Welcome to Currency News
The only one-stop source of information on currency, covering the specification, design, production, distribution and management in circulation of banknotes and coins from 'cradle-to-grave'
April 2014 Highlights
Planning Note Designs for Automated Payment Systems
The introduction of a new banknote must consider how it will be used and authenticated in machines. Robert Morrow of MEI provides his view on some of the challenges.
Other articles available to subscribers only include:
- RBA Reports on Next Generation Banknotes
- Counterfeiting Prompts New £1 Coin
- Scottish Independence - the End of a Banknote Era?
- BPS X9 Wins Prestigious Design Award
- New Board and Focus for EURICPA
COUNTERFEITING, TECHNOLOGY AND COMPANY NEWS
- New Mexican 50 Peso Leads to Sharp Drop in Counterfeits
- The Benefits of Punching Banknotes
- Loomis to Expand into International Services
- New Company Sets Up to Supply Coin Blanks
- SICPA Builds Authentication Portfolio
- Lithuania Gets Ready for Euro
- Spectra Completes Inksure Acquisition
- Irish in Favour of Rounding
- Botswana's New Coins
- On the Record: Security Papers and the Hidden Defenders - we talk to Gary Spinks of Security Papers UK
- Technology Review: COLR Technology - A Magneto-Dynamic Optically Variable Feature
- Technology Review: Successful Pilot for CoinTune
- Banknote of the Month: New Pacific Franc Balances Three Identities Into One
- Note and Coin News: Israel Scores a World First with Kinegram VOLUME
- Conferences: Santiago Gets Ready for 3rd HSP; Currency Research in 2014
What They Say About Us
"Living at the ends of the earth means we are not usually in the loop for industry news. Currency News goes a long way to filling this void, and we always look forward to the monthly update"
Reserve Bank of New Zealand
"We value Currency News as a primary source of information"
Giesecke & Devrient
"Most interesting, well-written, and a great way of staying up to date"
International Currency Consultants
"An essential reference source for current affairs and significant issues"
"We always appreciate that Currency News is so well-informed on all developments in the market of banknotes and coins"
De Nederlandsche Bank